This statement and your rights
Contemporary Clowning Projects (CCP) and The Why Not Institute (WNI) are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws. This policy tells you how we store and use your personal data, as someone who takes part in our courses/ events or who wants to keep in touch with what we’re doing.
Contemporary Clowning Projects (CCP) is an organisation dedicated to promoting theatre clowning. CCP has two projects, The Why Not Institute and The Why Not Enterprise.
What data does CCP save, with your consent?
CCP saves three types of data:
- Your name and contact details for use, with your permission, to tell you about courses and other events and news.
- For course participants, your full contact details, photo, bank details and personal statement or CV are required and saved from applicant stage to the end of the course.
- We sometimes use photographic images on our websites and in marketing. Photos will only be taken and used with your consent.
Why does CCP need to collect and save this data?
CCP saves and uses data for two main reasons:
- To keep people interested in CCP’s work informed of activities, courses, events and news.
- To facilitate enrolment onto WNI courses and enable course participants to take part.
Where and for how long is data kept?
Data is kept securely, with your consent. Regular mailing updates will be sent, to check your details and whether you still want to receive mailings. For those attending a course, your data will be kept from the time you send it to us until the completion of any work connected to the course you attend.
CCP has a long-standing relationship with Creative Shed Agency (www.creativeshed.agency), which hosts our website, provides IT and mailing out support, and manages Mailchimp on our behalf. Creative Shed is a GDPR complaint agency and has a strict and secure privacy data protection system. Creative Shed does not store CCP’s mailing list, or your personal data, on its systems.
At present we don’t collect or use anonymised data, except to show aggregated numbers to demonstrate our reach to funders.
How can I get a copy of my data or change or delete my details?
If you want to know what data we have stored about you or your contact details change, please email us. We will always delete your personal data if you ask us to.
How can I contact CCP/WNI?
If you have a question, comment, complaint or you need your data changing or deleting, please email us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.